March 27, 2020
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Being good citizens means we are all striving to follow Governor Whitmer’s “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order through Easter Monday (April 13, 2020). As Archbishop Vigneron mentioned in his letter earlier this week, this challenge presents unprecedented difficulties. But there is no time without grace and opportunity for spiritual growth.
There are numerous ways in which all of us in the Archdiocese of Detroit—our parishes, schools, clergy, religious and laity—are supporting each other in building up the Body of Christ during this time. I would like to direct you to a particular resource that you may find helpful for your faith life during these challenging days. Formed is a collection of Catholic resources for you and your family to enjoy. During this time of social distancing, they are offering a free 40-day subscription. While many have access to Formed through their parish, now everyone has access for free for the next few weeks.
I encourage you to sign up for this resource and make use of the Bible studies, faith formation opportunities, and Catholic movies available. Signing up only takes a few easy steps:
- Visit www.formed.org and click “Sign Up.”
- Click “I belong to a Parish or Organization.”
- Type “Faith at Home Detroit” in the box under Create New Account. (You’ll see it populate from the drop-down menu.) Click “Next.”
- Enter your first and last name as well as your email.
- Now you’re registered! You can also download the app on your Smartphone. If you need further assistance, contact Formed at www.help.formed.org or toll-free at 844-367-6331.
In addition to this resource, I encourage you to stay connected to our website spiritualcloseness.org where daily faith resources are available for you and your family. Please share both of these resources with your neighbors, friends and families in your phone calls, emails, group chats, and video conferences as a way for each of us to “unleash the Gospel!”
Finally, we have even more resources planned, especially during Holy Week and into the Easter Season. Keep the faith!
Your brother in Christ,
Fr. Stephen Pullis
Director of Evangelization and Missionary Discipleship