We have now received guidelines and permission from the Archdiocese to begin celebrating Mass publicly as a community. We give thanks to God for this blessing and look forward to seeing everyone again in Church! please note that due to the limited number of seats available, we will continue to have a sign up for our weekend Masses. This will take place through Eventbrite. As the numbers returning to Mass increase, it will be increasingly important for you to register so we are able to accommodate everyone according to our safety guidelines.
Please note that those older than 65 years of age, anyone with compromised health conditions, or those caring for the sick in any way are encouraged to stay home for their safety and the well-being of our parish community as a whole. Anyone exhibiting any signs of illness are being asked to stay home as well. The Sunday Mass obligation is dispensed through March 13, 2021. After this time, the Archbishop has issued particular dispensations for specific circumstances and demographics. They are as follows:
One does not have an obligation to attend Mass on Sunday in the following circumstances:
- You are ill or your health condition would be significantly compromised if you were to contract a communicable illness (i.e., you have underlying conditions or are in a high-risk category). Please use the dispensation and do not attend Mass.
- You exhibit flu-like symptoms. Please use the dispensation and do not attend Mass.
- You have good reason to think you might be asymptomatic of a contagious illness (e.g., you were in recent contact with someone who tested positive for a contagious illness such as COVID or influenza). Please use the dispensation and do not attend Mass.
- You care for the sick, homebound, or infirmed.
- You are pregnant.
- Those 65 years of age or older (per the CDC’s recommendation of high-risk individuals).
- You cannot attend Mass through no fault of your own (e.g., no Mass is offered, you are infirmed, or, while wanting to go, you are prevented for some reason you cannot control (e.g., your ride did not show up, the church was at capacity).
- You have significant fear or anxiety of becoming ill by being at Mass.
The Sunday 9:00am Mass will continue to be livestreamed for the larger community on our Facebook page and our website.
To visit the parish for private prayer and confession, we ask that you abide by the following guidelines:
- Facemasks are to be worn by everyone over the age of 2.
- Please keep at least 6 feet of distance between you and anyone not in your immediate household.
- If you are here for private prayer, please sit in the pews marked with green tape only.
PROCEDURES & GUIDELINES FOR
SUNDAY MASS AT GUARDIAN ANGELS
- The “tickets” for Mass will go live on the Monday prior to the weekend. Reservations will be on a first come, first serve basis. If you do not have access to the link you may call the parish starting Monday mornings to reserve a space. You can also have a friend or family member reserve a spot via the link for you if you would like.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask or face shield (please bring your own).
- We are limited in our capacity in order to practice social distancing and there will be specific spaces and pews for the congregation to sit. Please follow the directions you will receive when you check in.
- We have also been asked to refrain from singing, and holding hands during the Our Father and the sign of peace will be omitted.
- The distribution of Communion will only take place in the form of the host and the Communion lines will be slightly altered. Directives will be given at Mass.
The health and safety of all of our parish family is our first priority as we return. In order to help care for one another, we will be cleaning and disinfecting after each Mass. It is important that everyone does their part and abides by the directives set forth. Please be patient with us and one another as we all navigate these changes together.
Guardian Angels Safety Policies/Procedures Re: COVID-19
(Per directives from the Archdiocese of Detroit)
- Everyone is required to wear a mask or face shield inside the church building. Please bring your own. (This does not apply to children under age 2.)
- Please respect social distancing of 6 feet. The social distancing policy is not limited to interaction inside the church, but should also be observed as you enter and leave the building. (This policy does not apply for those living in the same household).
- Please follow seating directives when you arrive.
- We ask families with small children to keep children close to you.
- Please use hand sanitizer as common sense dictates.