The Health Ministry at Guardian Angels is committed to enhancing our community’s quality of life by helping to improve the health awareness of our congregation. We emphasize wellness and preventive medicine in a safe, spiritual environment while empowering people of our congregation to take control of their own health care. We plan various educational events throughout the year for the congregation, school, and community to attend.
We work in collaboration with Henry Ford Health System’s Faith Community Nursing Network and our lead Faith Community Nurse, Shawn Bennis, MSN, RN, FCN.
If you have questions or are interested in being part of this ministry, please contact the parish office by calling 248 588 1222 or email Shawn directly at email@example.com. No health care experience is necessary; just an open heart to helping others!
Friends and Family CPR Dates:
February 7, 2018 – Click here to register: https://cpr-feb7.eventbrite.com/
October 15, 2017 – after the 9 am and 11 am Masses (The fair will shut down during the Mass)
Click here for more information.
Talk with a Nurse:
November 12, 2017 – after all Masses, have your blood pressure checked and talk with a nurse
April 15, 2018 – after all Masses, have your blood pressure checked and talk with a nurse
- Free online directory of organizations that loan home medical equipment for free or at low-cost. Available at www.LoanClosets.org
- Autism and Special Needs Resources
- Heart Health
- Lung Health (Asthma and COPD)
- Medication Safety
- Mental Health Resources
- Parent Resources
- Veterans/Military Resources
Local Support Groups
- Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings
AA Listing in the Metro Detroit Area
- Alzheimer’s Disease Support Groups
Click on the Alzheimer’s Association website for the most up to date information.
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Troy Community Center
3179 Livernois – meets the second Thursday of every month, 10-11:30 am.
Troy Community Center
- Henry Ford Home Health Care Office
25511 Little Mack, Suite B, St. Clair Shores – meets the second Monday of every month
Nov. 14, 6-8 pm. For more information, call: 313-874-4838
- For a listing of caregiver support groups in the area, click here: http://www.aaa1b.org/caregiver-resources/caregiver-support-groups/
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers Class
- Troy Community Center
- Friends and families of problem drinkers, find support from others
Al-Anon locations in the Metro Detroit Area